Nootropics or smart drugs are popular nowadays particularly to college students and the workforce due to the competitive environment they are in wherein optimum brain and body performance is constantly required. Nootropics orally taken by these people are considered as dietary supplements which means it is consumed for the sole purpose of adding nutrients and reducing the health risk of the target body organ—the brain. So, before you buy any smart drugs in the market, it is advisable to read the smart nootropic powder reviews to widen up your options at the same time to only buy those products that are proven and tested by the masses.
Types of Nootropics
Nootropics fall into 2 broad categories: natural and synthetic. Natural nootropics are plant-based nootropics whereas synthetic are developed in the laboratory. Natural nootropics are not regulated by FDA and can be bought as an over-the-counter drug while synthetic ones can only be purchased using a physician’s prescription since they are known for having a strong effect on mental functions.
Below is a list of common natural nootropic ingredients that are incorporated in dietary supplements.
- Caffeine is the most widely consumed nootropic ingredient because of its psychoactive effect. It is usually present in our daily drinks like coffee, cocoa, tea, sodas, and energy drinks. Consuming it enhances cognitive functions, but directly taking its purest form can be fatal when consumed beyond the limit.
- L-Theanine is a chemical compound naturally found in tea that is responsible for the calming effect without causing drowsiness.
- Creatine is an amino acid that is commonly found in bodybuilding supplements for it aids the body in making protein.
- Bacopa Monnieri is an ancient herb native to Eastern India which is used as Ayurvedic medicine to enhance brain function.
- Rhodiola Rosea is an herb that aids the body in handling stress effectively.
- Panax Ginseng is a medicinal plant that boosts brain function.
- Ginkgo Biloba is an herbal plant known to improve memory and protect the health of the brain.
It is important to check the presence of these ingredients in your supplements since they are known to be effective in boosting the overall brain function.